Friday, February 19, 2010

Bringing Mia Home


She's officially mine!!!

I wasn't able to visit Mia yesterday because of my shift at work conflicting with Animal Service's hours. Today I was fishhouse though, so I got off at 1 and headed straight up there. I looked in all the kennels for her but she was no where to be found. When I asked one of the employees they said it was because she went in for her surgery this morning! She said if I hadn't already gotten a phone call telling me I could take her home today I should be getting one soon. So I raced home to pack up all the supplies I have for her (which is almost nothing since I ordered everything online and nothing has arrived yet - I wasn't expecting to get her until next week) and headed right back up there. Sure enough she was ready to go.

I got her home, set up her crate and put a nice big comforter in there and she IMMEDIATELY crawled in and passed out. That was six hours ago and she's still out cold! I think this is the first warm, soft place she's ever had so she's catching up on some much needed zzzz's (plus, she's still drugged up from being spayed). Oh yeah, I almost forgot, as soon as we got here she pee'd and pooped outside! :)

This next week is going to be tough! I'm very thankful I have 4 days off in a row after tomorrow to devote to her fully. I can't wait to introduce her to my family and friends. Also, I have to keep her calm for the next week so she can heal from her surgery. I'm so excited to take her to the dog park, the beach, canoeing, swimming in our pool with Ashes and anywhere else that will allow her to be!


All cuddled up in her crate


Already a pampered princess, oh dear...

All of Mia's homecoming pictures

2 comments: