Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Doggie Pool Party



1. We have an awesome pool and huge fenced in back-yard
2. It's super hot outside
3. Mia is now (finally) in love with the pool

Because of these 3 things, I decided to throw together a doggie pool party. I invited a bunch of dog-owning friends over to enjoy a day of fun and sun, and I even baked a cake for the dogs! I was very excited, but a little nervous, because you never know how a bunch of dogs will do together. Also, one of my good friends was going to bring her 2.5 year old (I of course warned everyone just in case their dogs don't do well with kids). As it turned out, there was no need to worry. All of the dogs did great with each other, wore themselves out completely, were awesome with little Evelyn and loved my cake! We ended up having 14 people over and 13 dogs and the day lasted about 8 hours. I can't wait to do it again!


Evelyn, throwing toys to any dog that would fetch them for her


Typical Mia-Lucy form, one of them is usually trying to annoy the other


Splash!


My cake :)


Mouth-full of cake


Mia was OUT as soon as everyone left, and hardly moved at all the next day too

Check out all the pool party pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment