Thursday, February 17, 2011

Beach Day with Neely, Evelyn and Kobe

I know, I know...I post a lot of beach blogs, but I just can't help it! I love Florida's beautiful weather, I love the beach and I love my monkey. The combination of these three things will often equal a trip to our favorite beach spot, Ponce Inlet. I'm enjoying it even more these days, ever since I got my Canon Rebel. As I've posted before, I always see a lot of dolphin, so it's been so much fun taking pictures of them. I've even started cataloging pictures of their dorsal fins to see if I can recognize individuals from each trip. It's harder than I thought it would be, but it's so cool to be able to recognize them. There's only about 10 so far that are unique enough to be able to recognize, so we'll have to see how it goes.


This is BY FAR my favorite picture yet! The crazy part is, I didn't even realize there was a baby in the shot until I got home! That's the funny thing, it's so difficult to just follow them and try to predict where they're going to come up next, while looking through a tiny viewfinder, sometimes you don't even know exactly what you're taking a picture of. Zoom in and you can even see the rake marks on baby's forehead ;)


Nice shot of the above baby's dorsal fin


Dolphin side breaching


Group of at least 7, probably more...this is more than I see swimming together than usual in this area

The other awesome part of my day was that I got to spend it with my good friend Neely, her adorable 3 year old daughter Evelyn and their brand new 8 week old cocker spaniel Kobe. I love being around Evelyn, she's such a good kid, and little Kobe did great for his first time at the beach. It was also his first time around other dogs and he did great. He even initiated play a lot of the time!


Evelyn dancing around...at one point in the day she told us "This is such a wonderful day!" :)


Kobe's modeling debut


Kobe playing with Mia...never has my dog looked so big!


Kobe giving another dog puppy kisses


In true puppy form, he couldn't make it all day

No comments:

Post a Comment