Sunday, March 20, 2011

Mia's First Polo Match



Carl and I were lucky enough to enjoy both the Nespresso brunch and the BMW tailgate at a polo match at the International Polo Club Palm Beach a few weeks ago, thanks to his aunts connections. This was the first polo match either of us had ever been too and we had a blast! I had no idea how much fun they could be. Even knowing nothing about the sport, I loved watching the horses and of course eating all of the food. The only thing that made me sad was realizing after arriving that it was dog friendly. I would have never dreamed this, so of course I left Mia behind. We got lucky again and got some tickets again to the BMW tailgate for this past weekends match (which ended up being the Gold Cup Finals, which I guess is a pretty big deal) so Carl and I went, and took along my friend Amanda and her yorkie-poo, Leia.


Leia is the perfect little polo dog :)


with Chukker, the polo mascot


Me and Amanda with our girls :)

The weather was beautiful (a little hot, but I'm not complaining!) and the dogs loved it. I could tell Mia was pretty hot, but it wasn't anything she couldn't handle. I made sure to douse her with water a few times and she ate about 100 ice cubes. During half-time and after the match was over everyone was allowed on the field, so the dogs had a blast running around. After the Gold Cup Finals ceremony they handed out tons of yellow roses, so we had a great time posing the dogs with them. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Mia and/or Leia end up in some sort of polo magazine/article/video/etc. by the number of photographers and videographers they attracted with their flower poses. What fun little girls and what a fun day!


Running on the field, what a nut!


Leia is so darn cute!


Beautiful girls, beautiful flowers


:)


They both really enjoyed taking their vengeance out on the flowers after they were done posing!

Check out all the pictures from our fun polo match!

No comments:

Post a Comment